Welcome to Bella’s Belly!
Where brussels sprouts and ice cream happily coexist
My name is Bella and I recently received my Master’s Degree in International Food & Beverage Management at ESCP in Paris and Turin. Prior moving to Europe, I graduated from UCLA and worked at a health care consulting firm in San Francisco. In 2016, I moved to Paris to pursue my food aspirations. I love everything food-related—researching it, cooking it, and photographing it. I drag my friends to restaurants and embarrass them as I take photos of our meal from every angle.
My family firmly believes in natural and sustainable food. I grew up on seven acres in Joshua Tree, a small desert town, where we had the space to plant fruit trees and raise chicks every Easter. I learned from experience that a plum tasted noticeably better fresh from the tree and eggs were more delicious cooked the same day they were laid. Growing up knowing where my food came from honed my palate to value high quality ingredients. As a young adult now, I realize it was a privilege to develop an innate connection with food. Bella’s Belly promotes wholesome cooking with seasonal ingredients because diet is a vital component to health.
Healthy eating is not only nutritious ingredients but also the appreciation of food and how you eat it. This begins by knowing where your food comes from and taking the time to prepare it. It is only when we have this connection to food that we begin to value it. With value comes thoughtful eating and healthier living. I hope to spread this knowledge and create a world of more conscious eaters.
12 facts about me
- I was born in Joshua Tree.
- I’m half Korean and half German.
- I was home-schooled until 4th grade.
- I have a phobia of loud sounds (i.e. gun shots and fireworks).
- I majored in Economics and Public Health at UCLA.
- I studied abroad in Paris.
- I have a huge sweet tooth (favorite dessert is ice cream).
- I love samples (just ask my friends).
- I have a well-behaved 10-year old brother.
- My role models are Michael Pollan and Elizabeth Bennet.
- I’m tone-deaf.
- My favorite snacks are ginger chews, salt and vinegar chips, and gim (Korean word for seaweed).
Past and present photos of myself