- Misfit (Santa Monica) Voted westwide best happy hour. They have a $5 menu during the week.
- St. Felix (West Hollywood) Small plates and cocktails.
- Upper West (Santa Monica) Small plates and cocktails. Recommend: Lychee Martini. The happy hour burger is a decent size for $7.
- High Rooftop Lounge (Venice) Small bites and cocktails.
- Perch (Downtown) Upscale bar with a great view of the city.
- La Paella (San Vicente towards Beverly Hills) Spanish tapas and sangria.
- Bedford & Burns (Beverly Hills) Pricey but good happy hour menu. They offer a selection of wine, beer, cocktails, and small appetizers.
- The Fat Dog (West Hollywood on Fairfax) Gastropub with craft beer, happy hour, and brunch
- Village Idiot (West Hollywood on Melrose) High quality meat, good happy hour and beer selection
- Wurstküche (Venice and Downtown) Exotic german sausages and beer
- Simmzy’s (Venice, Manhattan Beach, and Long Beach) Beachy pub with over 25 craft beers on tap. Beer: Oskar Blues Old Chub
- Three Weavers Brewery (Inglewood by LAX) Garage inverted brewery. Very airy and casual. They have a collection of old games. We played Jenga and Uno. Beer: Deep Roots (Amber Ale), Expatriate (my friend’s favorite IPA), Hounslow Porter
- Stout (Santa Monica, Studio City, and Hollywood) An upscale Gastropub that serves unique burgers and craft beers. Atmosphere: It has an industrial but trendy LA-feel. Tip: They will sample any of the beers on the menu so be sure to ask if you are unsure on what to order!
- Father’s Office (Santa Monica and Culver City) Small Gastropub with 35+ craft beers on tap. Atmosphere: Lively, dark, and small. Tip: Go early to get a table. The Santa Monica location is tiny but the other location is bigger. You must be 21+ to go inside. They also sample their beers.
- Stumptown (S. Santa Fe Ave.) High-end coffee shops also sell it.
- Intelligentsia (Abbot Kinney in Venice) High-end coffee shops also sell it.
- Handsome Coffee (Mateo St.) Part of Blue Bottle Coffee now.
- Funnel Mill (Santa Monica) Coffee and tea.
- Joshua Tree Coffee (Joshua Tree) The best coffee I’ve ever tasted. Roast daily in JT. Served at the Del Rey Deli.
- Alfred’s (Melrose and Brentwood) Known for their ten dollar latte made with Pressed Juicery’s almond milk ($8 a bottle).
- The Refinery (Santa Monica) Artisan coffee. Good study spot.
- Philz Coffee (Santa Monica) Mint mojito iced coffee and gingersnap iced coffee.
- Comoncy Café (Beverly Hills) Serves sandwiches and salads too.