Quinoa Kielbasa Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh garlic (finely chopped)
1/4th cup walnuts
3 kielbasa sausages (or another 1/4th cup nuts)
3 medium bell peppers
½ cup cheddar cheese (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the quinoa with two cups water. Reduce to simmer and cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for three minutes.
- Add the walnuts and kielbasa (cut into small pieces).
- Cut the insides out of the bell peppers.
- Pour the mixture inside the bell peppers. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook at 350º for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool then top with cilantro.