Sweet & Sour Rice Noodles with Collard Greens
This is an extremely easy recipe to throw together. Rice noodles cook in 1-2 minutes and are healthier than regular whole-grain pasta. The sweet and sour sauce masks the flavor of the greens so even my little brother (who’s 7) enjoyed these noodles.
- 1 pack of rice noodles (I used Trader Joe’s Fresh Rice Noodles)
- 1 bunch of collard greens
- olive oil
Boil water and cook noodles for 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook, otherwise the noodles will get mushy and stick together. Sauté the greens until wilted. Combine the greens with the noodles.
Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- ½ teaspoon ginger (fresh or powder)
- Chili flakes (optional)
Combine ingredients and pour over the noodles. Sprinkle chili flakes on top.