Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
I served these burgers on a whole wheat bun with Trader Joe’s Sweet Indian Relish and caramelized onions. Sharp cheddar also goes well with this burger. If you do not like a lot of seasoning I would leave out the curry powder and paprika.
1 cup cooked quinoa
15 oz can (almost 2 cups) black beans
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/3rd cup almond meal
½ of an onion (minced)
½ teaspoon garlic (finely chopped)
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4th teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon curry powder
1/4th teaspoon ginger
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the quinoa with two cups water. Reduce to simmer and cook until all the water is absorbed.
- Mix the quinoa and black beans together. Mash.
- Stir in the yeast, almond meal, onion, garlic, and the spices.
- Mold the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry.
3 thoughts on “Black Bean Quinoa Burgers”
Oh thanks for sharing. I must give this a try.
Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think!
LikeLiked by 1 person