1/2 cup water
1/4th teaspoon saffron threads
2 bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh garlic
3/4th cup artichoke hearts (canned 6.5 oz)
1 1/2 cup arborio rice
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
2 1/2 cups chard (or other leafy green)
1 cup tomatoes
1 can chickpeas or kidney beans
1 cup frozen peas
- Bring water to boil and add saffron.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Sauté veggies.
- Add rice then vegetable broth.
- Cool rice for 10 minutes then add chard and tomatoes.
- When rice is fully cooked add the beans and peas.
- Cook until the water is absorbed.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top.