16 oz or 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
2 green onions
1 cup quinoa
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons garlic (finely chopped or powder)
1 teaspoon flaxseeds
A pinch of salt and pepper
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly and cook according to the directions. Once the quinoa is tender (around 10-15 minutes) set aside and let cool.
- Grate the carrot and zucchini.
- Combine the ground turkey, egg, carrot, zucchini, green onions, and quinoa. Mix together then add the thyme, garlic, flaxseeds, salt, and pepper.
- Roll about 3 tablespoons worth of the mixture into a patty.
- Either grill or fry on a pan. Cook the patties for about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and spreads! I served my burgers on a whole-wheat bun with avocado, sprouts, and Dijon mustard.