My own rendition of a recipe I learned in a Sur La Table cooking class.
1/2 lb Mahi Mahi (frozen or fresh)
16 oz or 1 bag cauliflower rice
1 can garbanzo beans
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1/4th teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4th teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
I served it with Trader Joe’s Balela Chickpea Salad.
- Combine the curry powder, garlic, ginger, turmeric, and paprika together.
- Purée (or blend) the chickpeas with ~half of the spices. If it is too thick, add a splash of water. In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice and chickpea purée together. Pour in a baking dish.
- Combine the remaining spices with the yogurt and lemon.
- Place the Mahi Mahi (if frozen be sure to thaw beforehand) on the cauliflower chickpea mixture. Spread the yogurt mix over the top of the fish.
- Sprinkle the olive oil, salt, and pepper over the whole dish.
- Transfer to the oven and bake until the fish is firm and no longer translucent in the center, 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Bake at 275 degrees.
One thought on “Curried Mahi Mahi baked over Chickpea Cauliflower Rice (+ grilled asparagus)”
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
LikeLiked by 1 person