‘Tis the season for PUMPKIN! Here is an easy and delicious recipe for pumpkin oat muffins. Happy fall everyone!
1 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey (maple syrup or agave work too)
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4th soy milk (or milk of choice)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 ½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup oats (plus more for garnishing)
Recipe makes 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil then immediately mix it with the maple syrup, eggs, pumpkin purée, soy milk, vanilla, and almond extract. The coconut oil will begin to harden again so it needs to be stirred in with the other ingredients right away.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, flour and oats) then combine it with the coconut oil mixture.
- Divide the batter between the twelve muffin tins. Sprinkle a few oats on top of each muffin. Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, around 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with pumpkin butter from TJ’s.