This can be a vegan recipe if you use almond milk.
2/3rd cup oats
2/3rd cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4th cup or 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
juice from 1 lemon
1/2 cup almond or regular milk
1/4th cup shaved almond (plus an extra teaspoon to sprinkle on top)
1/4th cup raisins (optional)
1 cup fruit (strawberries or blueberries work best)
- Mix the oats, flour, and baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl combine the vanilla, cinnamon, butter, and sweetener. Then add the lemon and milk.
- Stir the two mixtures together then add the almonds and fruit. I used fresh strawberries but frozen fruit works too.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle almonds on top then bake at 400ºF for 20-25 minutes.
- Enjoy with tea or coffee.